It’s cold, my feet are cold, my hands are cold … I’m cold. Thankfully, I’ve always loved tea. Ginger tea especially. Ginger is the ideal tea for colder weathers as it has a very warming effect and can be beneficial for colds and sore throats. Pairing it with cinnamon will definitely make it a very soothing and warming drink for colder days.
I’ve always loved ginger tea, especially because of its ability to aid digestion, but ginger has many more benefits than these:
- Gingerol is the main bio-active compound in ginger, responsible for much of it’s medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects.
- Ginger appears to be highly effective against nausea and morning sickness.
- Ginger has been shown to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain.
- The anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis.
- Anti-inflammatory effects can also aid in menstrual pains.
- Aids digestion
Ginger and turmeric are actually from the same family Zingiberaceae. They have very similar effects, yet turmeric is considered to be more powerful. Combining both can multiply their benefits.
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Turmeric is super beneficial in decreasing inflammation.
- It portrays anti-cancerous properties.
- Turmeric helps in weight loss.
- Reduces blood sugar
- Reduces gastritis
I’ve also added cinnamon which is incredible warming especially along ginger.
Cinnamon’s benefits include:
- Antioxidants which protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- It helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
- Cinnamon oil can treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi.
- Helps with inflammation as well.
- Cinnamon is well known for its blood sugar lowering effects.
This combo of ginger, turmeric AND cinnamon is great for weight loss. These three spices are considered “warming” in TCM and help with creating fire in our bodies, aiding in digestion and weight loss.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp of organic turmeric (Find here).
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Raw honey to taste (I use this one).
Boil for 10 – 15 minutes and add the honey after its done!! Hope you enjoy!