These are such a great option if you’re trying to eat healthy and still crave some pancakes.
I make these very often for my kids and they love it. I love making them mostly because it’s a hassle-free ordeal. They’ll eat it all with no problem, and It’s great to know that what they’re eating is completely healthy.
These are gluten free and vegan, so no dairy or eggs. They can also be sugar free if you add no maple syrup, since the banana adds a bit of sweet to the mix.
Let’s face it. Some Aunt Jemima pancakes every other day of the year won’t hurt. But feeding this to our kids or ourselves is definitely not a good idea. Specially the pancake syrup that usually goes along with it. A great change in someone’s diet would be swapping the pancake syrup for 100% pure maple syrup.
There’s no need to point out any specific ingredient as they are ALL BAD. High fructose corn syrup is an extremely unhealthy sugar extracted from genetically modified corn. There’s coloring, artificial flavors… I mean, it can’t get any worse.
Like I said… 100% PURE MAPLE SYRUP IS THE WAY TO GO.
PREP TIME: 30 MIN
- 1 ½ cup of almond milk
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats ( I use this one)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbs of almond butter or any other type (Sunflower, peanut butter…)
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- ½ tbs of vanilla
- ½ tsp pf salt
- Cinnamon to taste
- Add the milk to the blender.
- Then add everything else.
- Make sure you blend it very well.
- Let the mixture rest for about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Make sure to grease your pan with a bit of coconut oil every time you add mixture to your pan to make a pancake.