I’m absolutely obsessed with tea and anything related to it. During the night, you’ll usually find me sipping on chamomile, ginger, nettle leaf or burdock tea…just to name a few. And if you follow me on Instagram, you can see that I’m also into kombucha, which is a fermented black tea loaded with gut and other health benefits.
Tea, and especially white, green and black are a great choice for people like me who don’t tolerate coffee very well. Honestly, I hate that I can’t drink coffee like regular people. I get shaky and jittery every time I drink too much of it. I also get other digestive symptoms I don’t wanna talk too much about.
White, green and black tea has caffeine. Not as much as coffee, but It’s enough to give me that little energy boost I need in the morning. Plus, it has many more health benefits than coffee.
BENEFITS OF WHITE TEA
- Loaded with antioxidants and anti-aging
- Improves oral health by inhibiting plaque formation.
- Prevents cancer by inducing apoptosis (cell death). It has antimutagenic properties as well.
- Flavanoids found in various food products such as white tea, fruits and vegetables is associated with decreased risk of cardiovascular disorder.
- White tea has antibacterial properties which can protect our skin from bacteria and other germs.
- Various studies suggest that intake of white tea may help in weight lose by preventing adipogenesis, the process of formation of fat cells and also known as adipogenesis and may control the life cycle of these fat cells called as adipocytes. This property has also been confirmed to exist in other types of tea.
As a mom, I usually never have enough time on my hand. When I make tea, I drink it as is. No sugar, no honey, no stevia, no nothing. This time, I wanted to add a little twist and really enjoy my tea. It’s been really rainy and cooler these last couple of days, and I’m one that tends to have cold hands and feet even when I’m not cold.
PREP TIME: 15 min
- 3 bags of white tea
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 5 tbs of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbs of raw honey (I use this one)
- ½ tbs of vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste (I use this one)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Boil water with cinnamon. When done, and your three tea bags and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add almond and coconut milk, vanilla, raw honey and stevia to taste.
- Heat for a couple of minutes on low temperature.
And voila! Delicious creamy white tea.